Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

1교시 오전 11시~오후2시영어강독/ (<The Revolution of Hope>, E. Fromm)

2교시 오후 2시 20분~3시 한문강독(<17세기 漢文소설>)

3교시  오후 3시 20분~4시중국어 강독(<三國志>)

4교시 오후 4시20분~5시 일문강독<日本の名隨筆>)

*댓글로 신청하세요. 9월 8일(수) 자정 마감.

**책을 구입하지 못할 경우회명재에 비치할 복사기를 이용해서 적당한 분량을 준비할 수 있습니다.

***숙인, 그리고 숙인이 소개하는 사람이면 누구나 수강료없이 참가할 수 있습니다. 소개없이 청강하려는 자는 소정의 수강료가 있습니다.

****시독과 관련된 사항 일체는 반장인 초담(010-2436-8760lawindy@naver.com)에게 문의하세요.

--

Shoplifting Sister Shows No Remorse For Actions

Abigail Van Buren on

DEAR ABBY: I'm a 28-year-old mother of two. My teenaged adopted sister steals makeup from stores. It sometimes happens when we are together, but I never catch her doing it. She has told me she feels no remorse about stealing the items.

My parents and I have lectured her time after time. She's now claiming her friends give her makeup they don't like. I'm exasperated because she just doesn't seem to get it. Would it be wrong of me to tip off the security guard on our next shopping trip? I want her to learn a lesson before it's too late. Yet, it could result in juvenile detention and a financial burden on my parents.

I love my sister, but I'm worried her habit may lead to an unfortunate adulthood. She has had counseling in the past for numerous issues, but she either lies to her therapist or just sits quietly and says nothing. Please help me, Abby. -- STICKY FINGERS

DEAR STICKY FINGERS: If you do what you are contemplating and your sister finds out you were the person who turned her in, she will never forgive you for it. I agree that the girl has serious problems. That's why I'm advising you to tell your parents what has been going on and let them handle it. While my inclination would be to give her a dose of tough love, it would be better if it comes from your parents, because they are responsible for her.

DEAR ABBY: My mother passed away a couple of years ago. She had a very nice man, Ron, as a partner for several years before her death. Since Mom's funeral, I have done my best to spend time with him and check in to see how he is. Unfortunately, he has a habit of stopping by my home unannounced -- usually on Sunday evenings. I know he's lonely, and I feel terrible asking this. How can I tell him in a nice way that my husband and I don't like surprise visits when we're getting ready for the workweek ahead or relaxing by the pool? I'm starting to resent having to be presentable for a drop-by visit when all I want is to unwind at the end of a weekend. -- CRAVING SUNDAY SOLITUDE

DEAR CRAVING: You should have drawn the line within a few months after your mother's passing. The way to handle this would be to say to him the next time he shows up unannounced, Ron, we already have plans for tonight. (Pause.) You know we care about you, but in the future, please call before dropping by because we sometimes need to relax and prepare for the workweek ahead.