Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

1교시, 오전 11시~오후 2시/ 영어 강독/ <The Revolution of Hope>, E. Fromm (외)

2교시, 오후 2시20분~3시/ 한문 강독/ <17세기 漢文小說>

3교시, 오후 3시20분~4시/ 중문 강독/ <三國誌>

4교시, 오후 4시20분~5시/ 일문 강독/ <日本名隨筆>

-댓글로 신청. 9월 29일(수) 자정 마감

-숙인, 혹은 숙인이 소개하는 자는 누구든 무료로 수강할 수 있습니다. 

-시독에 관한 일체는 반장인 초담(010-2436-8760/ lawindy@naver.com)에게 문의합니다.

Wife of 30 Years Wishes Some Things Would Change

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I have been married more than 30 years. We have a problem I cannot seem to get past: We didn't have a church wedding because he threatened not to marry me if I demanded one. I went along with him because of my low self-esteem, and I'm still sad and angry about it. He also refuses to take vacations with me because he "traveled too much" during his career. What can I do? -- POUTING IN THE SOUTH

DEAR POUTING: I can't do anything about the church wedding you were denied, but I do have a suggestion. Quit pouting over what you can't change and assume some control over your life. Accept that because you had low self-esteem, you were willing to marry someone this self-centered and controlling. Because you have a desire to travel and, I assume, can afford to, ask some of your women friends to join you. If you do, I'll bet you will have a great time sending photos back to your homebody hubby.

Prison Sentence Complicates Longtime Friendship

DEAR ABBY: I have a former high school classmate who, over the years, I've gotten pretty close to. He has been there for me when I was at my lowest, and I have been there for him as well. He lives several hours away, but we talked almost daily in addition to being on social media. A few months ago I stopped hearing from him, and his social media profile went dark. I had a bad feeling, so I Googled him and was shocked to see he had been arrested! While it wasn't a violent crime, it was horrible just the same. He has called me several times from prison, declaring his innocence -- always requesting money. Abby, I live paycheck to paycheck. Even if I had extra money, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it to him.

I feel hurt and used. Part of me says I need to end the friendship; the other part says he needs friends right now and it's not my place to judge him. I have refused to accept his last few calls because I really don't know what to do. Your thoughts are appreciated. -- BLINDSIDED IN PENNSYLVANIA

DEAR BLINDSIDED: This person hasn't used you -- yet. The next time he reaches out, accept the call. When you do, make clear that you can offer moral support, but you cannot give him money because you live paycheck to paycheck. You may not hear from him after that. But if he continues to ask, take a giant step backward and recognize this friendship has run its course.

Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree

Tony Orlando & Dawn

I'm comin' home, I've done my time
Now I've got to know what is and isn't mine
If you received my letter telling you I'd soon be free
Then you'll know just what to do
If you still want me, if you still want me
Whoa, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
It's been three long years, do you still want me?
If I don't see a ribbon round the ole oak tree
I'll stay on the bus, forget about us, put the blame on me
If I don't see a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
Bus driver, please look for me
'Cause I couldn't bear to see what I might see
I'm really still in prison and my love, she holds the key
A simple yellow ribbon's what I need to set me free
And I wrote and told her please
Whoa, tie a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
It's been three long years, do you still want me?
If I don't see a ribbon round the ole oak tree
I'll stay on the bus, forget about us, put the blame on me
If I don't see a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree
Now the whole damned bus is cheerin'
And I can't believe I see
A hundred yellow ribbons round the ole oak tree
I'm comin' home
Tie a ribbon 'round the ole oak tree

Taliban say will allow women at universities, but mixed classes banned

KABUL (AFP) -- Afghan women will be allowed to attend university as long as they study separately from men, the Taliban‘s new higher education minister said Sunday. Women’s rights in Afghanistan were sharply curtailed under the Taliban’s 1996-2001 rule, though since returning to power last month the hardline Islamists have claimed they will implement a less extreme rule. But speaking to reporters about the new regime’s plans for the country‘s education, Minister Abdul Baqi Haqqani was unapologetic about bringing an end to mixed sex classes.

“We have no problems in ending the mixed-education system,” he said. “The people are Muslims and they will accept it.”

The Taliban announced earlier this month that women could still study at university if they wore an abaya robe and niqab covering most of the face, with classes segregated by sex -- or at least divided by a curtain. Haqqani said that Afghanistan’s education system had changed greatly since the Taliban‘s last time in power, when women were effectively barred from schools and universities.

“Compared to the past the number of educational institutions have increased dramatically,” he said.

“This gives us hope for a future, prosperous and self-sufficient Afghanistan... we will continue from where they were left.”

Some fear the new rules will exclude women because the universities do not have the resources to provide separate classes. But Haqqani insisted there were enough female teachers and, where they were not available, alternatives could be found without breaching rules.

“It all depends on the university’s capacity,” he said. “We can also use male teachers to teach from behind a curtain, or use technology.”

The Taliban say they want to distance themselves from the harsher policies of old, when half the population was excluded from work and education. Under new rules, women may work “in accordance with the principles of Islam”, the Taliban have decreed, but few details have yet been given as to what that exactly might mean.