Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

1교시 오전 10시 30분~1시 30분/ 영어강독/ (<The Revolution of Hope>, E. Fromm)

2교시 오후 1시 30분~2시 30분 한문강독(<錦溪筆談>)

3교시  오후 3~4/ 중국어 강독(<三國志>)

4교시 오후 4~5/ 일문강독<日本の名隨筆>)

(시간이 30분씩 순연되었으니, 참고해요.)

*댓글로 신청하세요. 신청마감은 26일(수) 자정.

**책을 구입하지 못할 경우, 회명재에 비치할 복사기를 이용해서 적당한 분량을 준비할 수 있습니다.

***숙인, 그리고 숙인이 소개하는 사람이면 누구나 수강료없이 참가할 수 있습니다. 소개없이 청강하려는 자는 소정의 수강료가 있습니다.

****시독과 관련된 사항 일체는 반장인 초담(010-2436-8760/ lawindy@naver.com)에게 문의하세요.  

---

Mother Struggles As Daughter's Marriage Strains

Abigail Van Buren on

DEAR ABBY: My daughter and son-in-law have been married for seven years and have two young daughters. We get along well and spend a lot of time together. Our daughter is an only child, and I have noticed over time that my son-in-law is very selfish and puts his needs before the family's. Because he works hard, he seems to feel it entitles him to do whatever he wants. My daughter works hard too, and she constantly puts the family's needs and his needs ahead of her own.

I know she's not happy about his spending habits. Recently, over her objections, he bought an $80,000 car. While they can afford it, I believe she resents the bulk of the family expenses falling on her while he gets what she calls his boy toys. Their earnings are very disparate. My daughter, a doctor, makes three times his salary as a police officer. They have been in counseling, but it seems to have had minimal impact.

How can I support my daughter in dealing with this? I worry about her happiness. I have a good relationship with my son-in-law, but we don't discuss difficult issues. So, while I want to support their family, it will have to be through my daughter. Any suggestions for me? -- HELPFUL MOM IN MARYLAND

DEAR MOM: Resist the urge to involve yourself in this. Your daughter is educated, successful and intelligent enough to do something about it when she's had enough. Because counseling didn't help her and her husband communicate more effectively on the subject of his spending, she may eventually have to make some decisions about her and her children's futures. Let her know you love and support her, but do not stir the pot. Say little, if anything, on this subject and only if you are asked.