Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

1교시 오전 10~12/ 영어강독(<The World of Medicine>, Ken Radford)

2교시  오후 12~1/ 중국어 강독

3교시 오후 1~2 한문강독(書簡文과 우리 漢詩) (<대궁과 재강>에 게시)

4교시 오후 3~5/ 일문강독<言ってはいけない 残酷すぎる真実>, 新潮新書, 2016)

*댓글로 신청하세요.

**책을 구입하지 못할 경우, 회명재에 비치할 복사기를 이용해서 적당한 분량을 준비할 수 있습니다.

***시독과 관련된 사항 일체는 반장인 연니자(moca32@naver.com)(010=4712-0152)에게 문의하세요.  

--

Couple's Interests Diverge Now That Son Has Grown

Abigail Van Buren on

DEAR ABBY: I'm married to a great husband. We worked well together in our business. He's loyal, dependable, was a great stepfather when my son was young, etc.

When we were younger, we were always very busy working on the house, raising a family and starting a small business. My son is now grown and has moved away, the house needs little work, we no longer have the business and we both work part-time.

The problem is, we don't have the same interests. I do a lot alone or with friends, but many of them have moved or become very settled down. I rarely have anyone to do anything with unless it's something that interests my husband. It's hard to get him to do anything I want to do. He either complains or refuses.

Looking back, I think he was always like this, but we were too busy to notice. I feel very alone now. I feel like time is ticking by, and I'm wasting my life, my time, etc. Many days I think I should leave, but leaving would change our lifestyle dramatically. Sometimes I feel we only stay together for the lifestyle. I have tried to talk to him about this many times, but I get nowhere. Suggestions? -- TIME TICKS BY IN NEW ENGLAND

DEAR TIME TICKS BY: You feel alone and adrift because you are. The glue that held your marriage together seems to have been your son, who is now grown and has moved away. It's time to ask yourself how important your lifestyle is.

It's possible that if you remain in this marriage, you can find what you are looking for by becoming more independent. Travel, join special interest clubs, cultivate new friends, take classes that interest you and live your life. You might also visit meetup.com to get involved in activities in your area with like-minded people.

There is no guarantee your husband will ever be the partner you fantasize he should be. Some sessions with a therapist might be useful to help you clarify your thinking, and that's what I'm suggesting.